I’ve managed to make a small dent in my big pile of clothing needing repair or alteration. First up was this shirt, which is not quite as fitted as I’d like.

I made two darts in the front to make it more flattering, which is difficult to see in the photos but it does make a difference.

Next was this shirt, which is too baggy. Because the crinkled texture gives it stretch and shape, I just took in about an inch on each side. It is a bit better, but I may end up taking in more.

It has been folded in a pile for a long time awaiting adjustments, so it doesn’t hang quite right in the photo.

Finally, I fixed a white skirt that buttons up the front by stitching all but the top four buttons closed to prevent some weird bunching and stretching of the buttonholes. I forgot to take a photo of this one.

This isn’t the most exciting post, but I like the idea of fixing clothes I already own to make them wearable rather than buying new ones.